PPSI COVID-19 Policy
WE ARE BACK!
We hope that you and your family are healthy and safe! After more than two months of not performing elective surgery by government mandate to conserve PPE during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now fully open and scheduling consultations and procedures! We’ve missed you so much and can’t wait to see you again soon! We would like to share some changes that we’ve made to keep you safe and healthy, as we reopen responsibly!
We also have some great 2020 Summer Specials right now including $1000 off of Breast and Body Contouring Surgery such as Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation, and Liposuction, as well as $1500 off of Mommy Makeover! We also are offering 10% off of our MediSpa services such as SkinPen Microneedling with or without PRP (platelet rich plasma), and injectables Botox and Juvederm Ultra XL filler.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same is our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and we want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff comfortable and safe.
Your health and safety is always our top priority. We have implemented some changes as we reopen responsibly so that you can feel comfortable and confident in your first visit back.
WHAT WE ARE DOING!
As you know, we are located in the Spectrum Medical Plaza building, and the building policy is asking everyone entering to wear face coverings or masks. In addition to following all CDC guidelines for safe reopening in light of COVID-19, we’re going above and beyond to keep you and our staff members safe and healthy.
- To comply with social distancing guidelines, we are asking our patients and staff to wear face coverings or masks while in our office. Please bring your own face covering or mask with you to your appointment.
- We have enhanced our cleaning and sterilization and increased the frequency. We have maintained sufficient stocks of necessary supplies and PPE. We are also implementing air purifiers in our lobby and exam rooms that eliminates up to 99% of airborne viruses, mold, and germs.
- We are also asking for our patients to come on their own if possible, or with at most one other adult if assistance is needed. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe and healthy!
- We are reducing the number of appointments per day to limit the number of people in our office, including staff members.
- We are also timing appointments and sending text alerts to minimize patient overlap.
- There is also ample space for social distancing in our waiting room and asking patients to wait in their cars if they are early or if we are running late.
- And finally, if you have any of the following symptoms, please let us know so we can reschedule your appointment: cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.
WHAT YOU CAN DO!
You can help keep yourself, our staff, and fellow patients safe by:
- Postponing your visit if you have traveled from a hotspot location or experienced any of the above symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Visit us without guests. Ask your spouse, family, friends to sit this one out, and they can wait in the car.
- Wear a face covering or mask during your visit.
- Take advantage of hand sanitizing stations throughout the office.
- Virtual Consultations are still available.
Let us know if you would like to schedule an in-person or virtual consultation. We’ve missed you and look forward to seeing you all soon!
We are focused on making sure you feel confident and secure when you visit us again. If you have any questions about our protocols, please contact us at 949-387-7900 or contact us online.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!