About Dr. Joyce Chen
Welcome to Pacific Plastic Surgery Institute, PC
- Dr. Joyce Chen is a board certified plastic surgeon who has dedicated her life to helping people feel better about themselves through plastic surgery.
- She believes that “outward transformation can help augment one’s inner confidence towards living a happier, healthier, and more beautiful life”.
- Benefitting from over a decade of surgical training, she is looking forward to meeting you and helping you on this transformative journey!
- Dr. Chen served as the 2009-2010 Jerome P. Webster Fellow for the non-profit Resurge International (formerly Interplast), where she traveled to over ten different countries as surgeon and educator.
- The Webster fellowship gave her an unparallel opportunity to practice plastic surgery from a global perspective and spend an entire year in the field being ambassador, teacher, student, facilitator, surgeon, consultant, photojournalist, and friend to many underserved people around the globe!
- During that year, she was able to combine some of her life’s passions: operating, helping children, and traveling!
Though motherhood itself is priceless, pregnancy and breastfeeding can wreak havoc to your body, causing it to lose its original definition, form, and shape. Through weight gain, increased muscle and skin laxity, and drooping breasts, your body may become almost unrecognizable to its pre-pregnancy state. As a mother herself and board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Joyce Chen understands the importance of regaining your pre-pregnancy body and the confidence and self-esteem that it affords you. Dr. Chen customizes each mommy makeover to the individual patient’s body type, skin/tissue quality, and desired goals.Learn More
Dr. Joyce Chen is a board certified plastic surgeon and has performed over 700 liposuction surgeries. Her areas of expertise include liposuction of the upper and lower abdomen, waist or “love handles”, back, inner and outer thighs, knees, upper arms, and chin and jowls. There are many types of liposuction, and Dr. Chen has found that power-assisted liposuction allows for the most reliable and most efficient suctioning and removal of fat. The mechanical movement from power-assisted liposuction helps to shear the fat cells, making the fat semi-liquid and easier to remove by suction.Learn More
Women may seek breast augmentation to feel more feminine or to fit better in clothing. Using silicone or saline implants, breast augmentation increases the size of the breast. Breast implants vary in size, shape, and placement. They can be placed below or above the pectoralis muscles. The incisions for breast augmentation are hidden, either under the breast along the inframammary crease, or peri-areolar around the areola. A breast lift or mastopexy can accompany breast augmentation to create a more youthful appearing breast by removing excess skin and by also lifting the breast and nipple areolar complex to a higher position.Learn More
A combination of factors contributes to facial aging, including changes caused by both gravity and sun exposure, leading to skin sagging and volume loss over time. The aging face may often appear tired or angry. By removing excess skin and lifting supportive structures beneath the cheek, a face lift can create a more youthful appearance of the face, neck, and jawline. A face lift can also be combined with other procedures such as brow lift, upper and lower eyelid surgery, neck lift, or facial liposuction for complete facial rejuvenation. In addition, volume can be restored to the face with fillers such as Juvederm or fat grafting.Learn More